Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!



Happy Halloween, peoples! Halloween here was pretty unexciting. In fact, while we were planning on watching Rosemary's Baby, maybe carving a pumpkin, we ended up hanging out with Tera (new friend from church who lives in Mokdong! Yay!). It was a lot of fun! We left kind of late (about 8pm) and went to Myeong Dong. We walked around the giant Forever 21 (I got a really cute sweater!!) and the H&M. Then we went in search of dinner (I know... it was 10pm at this point) and came across some shoes. I got a cute pair of ankle boots and Tera found herself some nice, cheap fake Uggs.

We did end up finding food and it was SOOO good! We were kind of going by smell since it was hard to tell what to expect at most places. We got really lucky finding such good food. I'm sure there's a name for the kind of place we went but I don't know what it is. It had like a wok in the middle of the table and they stir fried your dinner for you right there. Tada! We had chicken bulgogi: chicken that tasted like it had been marinated in ginger sauce (there were even chunks of ginger in the stir fry! I love ginger.), bunches of these little mushrooms, slaps of mushrooms, bok choy, carrots, and glass noodles. It was sooo good. Love it.

We made it to the subway too late so we ended up taking a taxi back... got totally ripped off. I taught our driver a new English word. :)

It was an awesome night. Next Saturday, Tera wants to go exploring the shops along the streets near our apartment. I'm totally up for that. Especially since the strap on my favorite (and, currently, ONLY) pair of heels broke today at the singles pancake dinner... DANG IT!

Unfortunately, there are NO PICTURES documenting the awesome adventure. I was pissed when I searched through my purse and couldn't find my camera while we were out. I was even more pissed when I found it in my purse this morning. Grrr...

As far as actual Halloween festivities, I didn't do much of anything except talk about it with my students and give out candy. I did get a couple of awesome drawings from some of my students. Love it!!





My favorite is the one that says "Hallowin." Because it WINS!! :D

Also, one of my students came in a witch costume. I asked her if I could take a picture of her. I just remembered I'm supposed to e-mail her a copy. Here's my adorable Helen.



And that's my weekend. I can't believe that it's only four more weeks until the end of the term! Time has gone by so quickly. One term is the same amount of time as my student teaching yet it seems to have gone by ten times faster. Wow... probably because I'm doing less than half the work for this job than I did for my student teaching. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Helen makes an adorable cute witch. Love the pictures that your students drew for you. I'm so sad there are no pictures to go with this story....just like my books..haha

    Jesi's Halloween party was loud and noisy but the kids had a great time shooting the rubber mice at the ceiling and watching them stick and then slowly peel off and fall back to the floor. Only had to give one boy (who shall go nameless) a warning about diving on my furniture and throwing things. Same boy broke something upstairs, hid the piece and didn't tell anybody. I'm not upset about the broken item so much as the dishonesty of trying to hide the accident. You know how that really bothers me. Hey, Happy Birthday Month to you. Wish it didn't cost so much to mail packages to you or I'd be lavishing you with your birthday surprises. Hey you REALLY need to figure out your mailing address so we can mail you cards. How hard can it be to figure out your address kiddo?! Hurry, hurry! Oh...Mommy wuvs you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... ok, i know i'm really behind in reading this blog, but i just had to say... i love that zombie picture you drew! it is so freakin' cute!

    ReplyDelete