Saturday, October 30, 2010

Weekend with Dad: Sunday!

Sunday was Daddy's last day visiting me in Seoul. We didn't do anything really exciting, but it was fun to hang out with my padre.

We caught a movie at the theater: the new "Wall Street" movie. It was pretty good. There was some stuff that I only partially understood, though. The stock market wasn't my best unit in A.P. Economics back in high school...

After that, we walked around the mall again. Good times, good times. We got back to the apartment where we talked with Mom and Jesi for a little over Skype (Jesi was in trouble... uh oh). Dad wrapped my birthday and Christmas presents (I'll be so surprised!) and then we headed off to dinner.

I chose the place because it was called Mudori Chicken and I wanted chicken (which I don't eat a lot of here). It was... strange. Not the food. Just the decor. Very... haphazard. Haha! The menu was in Korean (go figure) but the lady pointed to something and said "FRIED CHICKEN!" so we got that. After an appetizer of popcorn (haha) we got us some spicy, extra crispy fried chicken. It was tasty. And so were the leftovers the next day. :D

6:30 came too soon and it was time to get dad into the taxi. Wave goodbye and wait until next summer. Wow... I can't believe I won't see any family until NEXT SUMMER! Lucky for me, I got Skype and good friends here to have fun over the holidays. It'll be June before I know it.

Aaaand, because I have a lot of pictures from the weekend and I know that people like to see pictures of stuff, I'll just put a bunch of pictures from our weekend.

A chicken for Mom!


A stuffed animal on a stick... what the heck?


I've heard that Koreans will make a banner for any occasion. Looks like that's just what this preschool did for their trip to the Korean Folk Village. :)


Getting out of the subway station in Suwon. The city is so pretty.


Me looking like an idiot in front of the (closed) front office of my school.


Dad in a traditional Korean jail cell. The Koreans standing next to me were taking pictures of him, too. Haha!


Cool looking dudes at the Korean Folk Village.


Korean Folk Village


Another view of the Korean Folk Village.


A little girl dressed up as an imperial guard or something as her parents took pictures. Adorable!


Korean houseboat at the Korean Folk Village.


Isn't Autumn pretty? I love this shot.


Inspiration for my future backyard gazebo. ;)


A Korean vampire totem!! They're cool because 1) they are awesome and 2) they don't sparkle like vampires in a certain book (look up Twilight).


Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...


Have you seen the two-headed snake? Sorry... inside joke.


A view of the subway.


Daddy was sad that Hard Rock was closed down. Sad Daddy!


Itaewon!!


More Korean Folk Village. A guy making farming tools.


A locker for your pets!! Haha! Too cool!


The mall in front of the theater.


Mokdong at night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment