Sunday, October 10, 2010

A "Birthday" Party!

Well, I had an eventful weekend this week. Lots of things going on to keep a girl busy.

So, Friday Kendra and I had a little party. We had pizza, cake, and a movie! In honor of our friend Spencer's birthday, we watched a movie he said he LOVES called "Let the Right One In." It's a Swedish vampire movie. Going into it, I thought it was going to be a vampire horror movie. I've seen it recommended on horror film sites and such so I was expecting scary. It's really not. There are a few moments, but it really wasn't what I was expecting. More of a coming of age movie than a horror film. I think that if I'd had different expectations, I would have liked it more. As it was, I think I want to read the book.

The food for the party was good, though. We got a little chocolate cake from Paris Baguette. It was scrumptious.



I also finally had a chance to give Kendra her *late* birthday present.



Also, have I mentioned sweet potato pizza on here? Because it is amazing. Why don't we have this in the states? Kendra thinks it's strange. She can't get over the fact that they put corn on pizza. I think it's genius. So the sweet potato pizza has a thin smear of pizza sauce, thin slices of sweet potato, corn, onion, and cheese with then a light drizzle of what I think is honey mustard. SOOO good! It's 5,000 won for a medium sized pizza and we live one block from the restaurant. Bad news.

It's so delicious. I will have to see if I can recreate this when I get home...

0 comments:

Post a Comment