Sunday, November 7, 2010

Messiah and Technical Difficulties

Not much has happened since I posted about this week. I did find out one cool thing: we'll be doing Handel's Messiah in choir this year! I am SO excited! That show for one means a lot to me, and two it is just so much fun to sing. I forgot how much I love to sing (and how... operatic I can sometimes sound... oops) until choir practice today at church. I kind of hope that we get more people in choir within the month. We only had 8 people there: 6 sopranos and 2 altos. A few of the sopranos have offered to sing alto but that doesn't solve our problem of NO GUYS. I'm not sure which songs we'll be singing (not the whole thing, of course), but I'd really like to know which ones. I think we'll hear next week.

One song I know we'll sing (because we were going to practice it today until the director saw it hadn't been put into our binders yet) is probably my favorite song from the whole piece: Glory to God. It's so much fun to sing, and I love the solo right before it. Listen to this wonderful recording by the London Philharmonic Orchestra.



I'm very excited to be singing again, especially such an amazing show as Messiah. So wonderful. :)

In other news, I found the funniest video on youtube again. It's this priest having troubles learning how to use this crazy new technology called a "book." SOOO much different from using a scroll. ;) Seems funny, but, sometimes this is how I feel when I'm trying to explain to some people how to do something on a computer(Jesi is WAY worse than my mom with this kind of stuff!).

Anyways, it made me crack up. A must share kind of thing. :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, I guess I should feel good that you didn't just come right out and call me "stupid". At least I ranked right above Jesi. That makes me feel better...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not fair!! I am sooo not worse than mommy! no offense mom...lol I swear I will have my revenge!
    -Jesi (chicky)

    ReplyDelete