Sunday, September 19, 2010

Positive Attitude

Last night I was in a bit of a funk. I had had a wonderful day, but within a few hours of being home, I started to feel like crap. (Don't worry, I'm not sick; just let it be said that a certain internal organ hates me and the feelings are mutual at the moment. We'll be close friends again in, oh, say a week.) It didn't help that it was 2am and while I wanted to sleep, the WHUMPY WHOOSH sounds above my head made sleep impossible. Did I mention that the people above me seem to like to do their laundry at unholy hours of night? Yeah... and they seem to do a lot of laundry this week. What the heck.

So, it was 2am, I'm tired, can't sleep, and I found myself beginning to have an insane amount of negative thoughts going on. Everything bad that had ever happened in my life kept showing up in my brain: annoying students from the week, dirty dishes downstairs, smell of kimchi EVERYWHERE, that time I didn't make it to the bathroom in 2nd grade...

That's when I knew that something needed to be done.

So I grabbed my notebook and decided to make a list of everything that makes me happy. After filling up half a page, I knew I wouldn't be satisfied until that whole page was filled.



Then today I decided to play with it a little more. I love typographical art so I made my own in Photoshop. I didn't include everything from my list, of course, and I thought about maybe getting a little more creative with the font, colors, and patters, but I'm just not that patient.

All in all, though, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.



Hopefully the next few weeks will allow more opportunities for picture taking and I'll post some more pictures of lovely Seoul for your viewing pleasure.

4 comments:

  1. How about a virtual hug from your Mom.....
    I bet the people above you are doing other peoples laundry for money....I've heard that some people do that or they go to school full time and the only time they have to get their chores done is during the late night hours

    ReplyDelete
  2. @JerilynnO
    Yeah... it's annoying having them do their laundry so late.

    ReplyDelete