Thursday, September 9, 2010

Making Korean Pancakes

Many of you might remember some of my other cooking adventures back in Provo.

First, the disastrous rainbow cake: http://ferre-san.livejournal.com/171382.html

Then, the perhaps less disastrous Christmas cookies: http://ferre-san.livejournal.com/172528.html

These, of course, were followed by the sad rubbery cookies of student teaching: http://ferre-san.livejournal.com/176604.html

Less disastrous (probably because Nasa did most of the hard work) was the Mongolian khuushuur my roommate and I made: http://ferre-san.livejournal.com/176982.html

You might be thinking, "This girl should eat out more and just stop trying." Well, I'm here to PROVE that I can, in fact, try out a new recipe without explosive disaster. ALL BY MYSELF.

That's right, people. I made a traditional Korean dish.

Granted... this traditional dish was Korean pancakes. STILL. NO DISASTER!

I needed some soy sauce for cooking and I couldn't find a single SMALL bottle! They were all HUGE! I did end up finding a bottle with a bag of pancake mix taped to it for 8000 won so I thought, heck. Why not?

Let us have photographic evidence of this feat. Starting with the ingredients.



Soy sauce (for dipping), Korean pancake mix, dehydrated potato stuff, salt, pepper, garlic, canola oil, and green onions. Oh yeah.

So, there are no instructions with the pancake mix. All I know is that you add a little potato stuff, salt, pepper, and garlic to it and then mix with some cold water until it is the consistency of pancake batter. After that, you add chopped green onions (or whatever veggies you want). Make sure you wash your veggies first. These suckers are so fresh from the dirt that they brought most of it with them.



After they are chopped into about 2 inch pieces (or whatever you want, really), you gently mix it into your pancake batter.



Then you just fry it up like a pancake!



Take a look at the beauty of my pancakes, suckers!



Just kidding. They were really good, though. I think next time I'll add some other vegetables like carrots, maybe potatoes. That would be yummy. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jen. Aren't you fancy! Those green onion pancakes looked very good. I've had them before and they were mighty tasty. Loved the plates you have. They had a little Asian flare to them. You'll have to make some for Dad when he visits.

    ReplyDelete