Sunday, September 5, 2010

My New Place

I told you I'd get you a tour of my new place, right? Well, here it is! I have made a quick video tour of my apartment for you. Due to technical difficulties (1: Youtube has decided that it is unlawful to upload videos while in Korea and 2: For some reason adding any text text to the video post (even a title) makes it think the coding is wrong), the actual video is in another post (you'll see it below this post... or at least you should). Hope you still enjoy! :)

So, a few things I don't mention in my video:

Building: The building is called Bisium (or Visium) Oficetel. If you ask a Korean they will tell you Bee-see-uhm Oh-pee-soo-tell-oo. :)

Shoes: ALWAYS take of your shoes when you go into a Korean home! Even if it's your own! When we were moving all of our luggage into Kendra's apartment the first day we just dragged all the luggage in, shoes still on. The landlord was there and he started laughing at us and yelling, pointing at our shoes. ALWAYS take off your shoes.

Doorbell: The doorbell here is so CUTE! I love how it sounds. Also, I have a screen in my apartment that lets me see who is at the door!



It has a bunch of buttons on it so I bet I can talk to people, too. Unfortunately, I'm in Korea so the instructions for all the toys are in, you guessed it, KOREAN!

Hot water: Needs to be turned on. The kitchen sink and washing machine work fine without it on but if I want hot water for a shower, I need to turn on the hot water.



Took a few tries to get that right. I just pressed buttons until the hot water worked. Then I found a translation sheet under my sink for the washing machine and the hot water heater. Nice.

Walls: They are so BARE!! Waah! I need to do some decorating in here. Unfortunately, I need money in order to do that. I will be a millionaire as of Wednesday, though (my refund for my plane ticket is 1 million won. Yay!). Then I will get maybe a desk, rice cooker, wall art... Which I get first will depend on whether or not I can get rid of the stupid dresser...

Giant window: You didn't see it in the tour, but I have a GIANT window on one of my walls! Cool... I love it. Except that it lets in lots of light while I want to still be asleep. Oh well. That's what pink sleep masks are for. :)

Cable: I found out recently that the money we pay for maintenance and internet also covers cable! I'm paying for CABLE!! I might need to find a cheap t.v. in order to take advantage of this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment