Sunday, December 12, 2010

Bang Trim

About a month ago, I got bangs. Honest to goodness, straight across my eyebrows bangs. Well, funny thing about those kinds of bangs, when they grow, they get in the way of your eyes. It finally got to the point where a slight curl under still wasn't keeping them out of my eyes and I conceded that, yes, I needed to trim them.

Being the procrastinator that I am, I put it off for about a few weeks until this week it finally became too much. So I grabbed my scissors and prepared to trim my own bangs. *dramatic music*


The only time I have ever cut my own hair was when I was about six years old. After that, I wasn't allowed to touch scissors for a week. Then when I trimmed the hair on my red teddy bear, the scissors were AGAIN taken away from me (I still stand that the bear needed a hair cut). Needless to say, I was a bit nervous. Not that Mom would take away my scissors again. I mean, she's over 6,000 miles away. What is she going to do? No, I was scared that I was totally going to botch this and end up with those two inch long Mom-won't-pay-for-a-haircut-and-just-kept-cutting-until-they-were-kind-of-even bangs that you see kindergarten girls go around with all the time.

I vowed I would stop before that happened, even if the bangs weren't even.

After about a half hour of searching for how to videos on youtube, I finally mustered the courage to whip out the scissors and start hacking at my bangs.

Before:


After:


Hurray! I have eyeballs again! Look at those blue peepers.

It was a strange process because it is rather difficult to see what you are cutting when the bangs are right in front of your eyes. I'm not sure how it happened, but the bangs are even and just the right length. I can see again and I nobody was seriously injured. I would call that a success.

0 comments:

Post a Comment