Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!

Wow. I can't believe that it's already 2011. Can you believe it? This time last year I was getting ready to start my student teaching, finishing up my last semester at BYU. Now, I have a BA and a teaching certificate along with a job teaching English in a foreign country. A lot has happened this last year and most of it has been good. I hope this next year goes as well if not better.

I didn't really do anything exciting to bring in the new year this time around. Kendra and I tried to get tickets to go to a Bi concert, but all of my attempts with the website didn't work and I couldn't find a phone number to call to get tickets. I was kind of pooped from work and so my new years eve was spent with pizza, Criminal Minds, and a facial.

Once it hit midnight, I opened the window and shouted, "Happy New Year!" It was really, really quiet outside and I don't know that anyone really appreciated my enthusiasm. I guess no one on my block decided to party at home. Oh well.

Someone suggested going to the riverside to watch the fireworks and hear them ring this big bell thing. I heard it's like the Times Square celebration in New York. I considered it, just so I can say I went, but then I found out they close the subway stop at, like, 8 because they always get so many people coming and they can't handle the crowds. Since I get off of work at 10, it wouldn't have been possible to go.

So, instead I had my nice quiet evening at home. I also kicked back today and just had a quiet day picking up my apartment with a quick trip to Daiso to pick up some crafting supplies. It has been really nice. Now I plan on making myself a chicken, onion, and pepper-jack cheese quesadilla and curling up on my couch to watch either "500 Days of Summer" or the new "Karate Kid." Hmmm...

Happy 2011, everyone! May you make it a good one. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment