Sunday, January 23, 2011

Free samples and new glasses!

Once again, life has been pretty uneventful. It's still cold, but not as bad as last week. It did snow today while I was at church so I was very happy that I had decided to wear my booties to church instead of the heels since I had to walk to the subway station through several inches of snow. Brrr!

Teaching the three year olds at church wasn't as bad today, either. We only had four kids so not as much crowd control. The lesson was also about prayer so easy subject. I brought the sock monkey which helped a lot, too. The kids loved Ringo.

I went to the mall last night with Tera, just to get out of the house. We first stopped to have dinner at this kebab place and I had the grossest pita ever. They covered it in this sweet gravy and added pickled and jalapenos and the beef gyro meat was kind of meh. Oh well. The fresh pineapple juice was delicious so not a total loss. I should have taken pictures of the pita mess.

We just walked around the mall a while. I had a mini identity crisis when Tara and I found out the music store had the new Michael Jackson album. I was like, "Wait... isn't he dead?" because it wasn't just old songs with a new cover. But, it's ok, guys. We do not have a zombie Michael on our hands. It's just previously unreleased songs. The cover for the CD is really awesome, though. Looks a lot like the artwork for his other CD's. Nice.

I ended up finding some makeup. I'm almost out of foundation which is always the hardest thing to find so I wanted to get a head start. The ladies that helped us were really nice. We had all three girls trying to explain things to us about the different foundations and bases with the little English they knew. I ended up just buying some foundation and mascara - the immediate needs. I spent less than $10 total. But then the lady that bagged up my purchases loaded me up with free samples!

So, here is what I bought.



And then here are all the samples they gave me!



I'm not sure what all of them are, but I know that one is an oil for your face, body, or hair (cool), one is what the girl at the store called B.B. moisture (whaaaat?), and the other thing is actually labeled in English but still makes no sense. Should be fun trying them out. :)

On the way back home from the subway, I stopped at this little store where I had been eying this cute little Hello Kitty bento lunch box for my mom.



I also got a matching utensil holder, complete with Hello Kitty spoon and chopsticks.



Aren't they cuuuute?

I was also able to pick up my glasses from the eye place last night! They are so awesome. I'm trying to decide if the prescription is right and just needs some getting used to or if they are too strong (I know... how is that even possible?). They are totally 80's (I think Mom even has a pair almost exactly like this) so I think they work very well with the flowery dress I stole from Mom's closet this last summer.



And as we can see from this picture, my bangs are once again in desperate need of a trim.

Then, just something fun from today. I was watching some t.v. online and decided to play with a box cutter and an empty roll of toilet paper that was sitting on my desk.



Not exactly precision work, but it was fun. A good end to a good week. :)

2 comments:

  1. I never would have picked out those glasses for you.......they are sooooo 80's. I had a pair that was in blues and purples way back when. Fly eyes where so cool. Love love love the egg molds. We still need to find the sausage cutters to make the penquins.

    ReplyDelete