Monday, August 8, 2011

Vietnam Part 4

On our last day in Ho Chi Minh, we went to a water puppet show and dinner cruise. Before the show, Jesi kept trying to take pictures of us and I kept messing them up by making faces. Bwahahaha!!

Crossing my eyes...



Crossing my eyes while Jesi is in the picture...



A great face with all three of us in it...



Jesi was getting a little angry. I think it makes the pictures more interesting that way. ;)

After messing with Jesi's pictures, we went to the water puppet theater!

They had big versions of some of the puppets out front for you to take pictures with. Dad was taking this one so I behaved.



The water puppet show itself was really cool. They had this pool and the puppetteers stood behind the curtain in the water to operate their puppets. They told stories about catching frogs, coming back after placing first in the national exams, farming rice, etc.



My favorite one was the chicken dance. Well, I guess that it was the "phoenix dance," but all I could think of was, "chickens!!" I like it because they swim around each other for a while and then get all flirty. Then they put their heads together and go under water for a second. When they come back up an egg pops up to the surface!! THEY MADE A BABY CHICKEN!!! They swim around it for a while and then the egg hatches!! It's so cute! That was definitely my favorite part.

My computer is being stupid right now so the video of the chicken dance will have to wait until my computer doesn't hate me again. I should stop calling it stupid. It really is a wonderful little computer. *hugs* I'll try to post the video tomorrow.

After the show, we got onto a boat for dinner. The boat itself looked pretty cool.



Ah, look at us all cute and sitting at dinner. I didn't even cross my eyes this time. :) Man, my hair is freaking curly...



We went up and down a small section of the river and on our way back, we got a really nice view of the skyline.



And the next day we headed for Nha Trang!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment