Sunday, August 28, 2011

The final Hweshik

On my last Thursday in Korea, my school had a final hweshik (employee party) together. It was a blast. Lots of food, friends, and, yes, beer and soju.



This noodle dish was CRAZY SPICY. Noodles and seafood in a red sauce of spicy death. I had the "no spicy" version and it was hot to me. Whoo!

Here Rachel is dishing up the fishcake soup. It was pretty good. I didn't care for the actual fishcakes, but I did like the noodles and fish broth.


THIS was my favorite: seafood and green onion pancake. YUM. I would not normally think I'd like this, but it is probably one of my favorite Korean things.


This is Jin and I. Jin was just starting at CDI when I was leaving. She moved into my building and bought a bunch of my furniture off of me. It was a great arrangement.

And that was the hweshik. Lots of fun. I was the only person there who doesn't drink, but no one got crazy drunk (because it was a school night) so it didn't get awkward. It's boring being with drunk people when you aren't drunk. Just saying.

0 comments:

Post a Comment