Sunday, August 1, 2010

Almost time to leave...

I have twelve days now until I leave for South Korea. Wow. It's sneaking up on me. Tomorrow the travel agent will issue my tickets and later this week I'll get a package from the Korean Consulate with my visa stamped passport. Friday is Diane's bridal shower (congrats Diane!) at my house, Saturday we leave for Whidbey Island with my two little cousins getting back just in time for a day at home and then poof! It's off to Korea for a year!

Don't get me wrong, I am super excited about going to Korea. I'll have my own place, get to see and try a million new things, hopefully learn a new language, and have a classroom all my own! It will be so much fun. I'm still nervous, though. This will be my first Christmas without my family and I'll be so far away from home for such a long time.

I know that there will be days when I hate it. I'll wonder why I decided to go in the first place and try to think of ways to go home early. However, I also know that if I didn't do this, I would always regret it. I would wonder what opportunities I might have missed out on because I didn't go. I need to prove to myself that I CAN do this.

So that being said, here's me freaking out a little bit about leaving to live in a foreign country! 12 more days!! Can you believe it? 12 MORE DAYS!!

Wish me luck keeping my cool so my parents don't freak out, too. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment